I will recommend all to join CUGC. Citrix has since Synergy 2014 done a lot for community with this site. Its free and will give you a lot of information and discussion around Citrix technology.
- A network of users and experts that reaches across towns, continents and industries
- A community with access and influence at Citrix
- Events online and in-person to grow your knowledge
- Exclusive content and discounts
Join today here!
From webinar last week:
CUGC User Share: XenApp/XenDesktop Tech Update w/Daniel Feller (02-09-17)
After upgrading from 7.9 XenApp environment to 7.12 the delivery group restart schedule is no longer working if Notification Message is selected.
Complete the following steps:
- Download the private LC6766. (Contact Citrix Support to request this private).
- Connect to a test VDA 7.12 and stop the service Citrix Desktop Service.
- Navigate to “C:\Program Files\Citrix\Virtual Desktop Agent”.
- Rename the existing BrokerAgent.exe to BrokerAgent.old and copy the private version of BrokerAgent.exe into the folder.
- Restart the Citrix Desktop Service.
Do not send any message while reboot schedule.
Note: If we are sending the messages then message will pop up however no reboot to the machines where session is connected.
Text is copied from this Citrix support article:
Restart Schedule Does Not Work If We Send Any Notification Message In XenApp 7.12
Finally, I have also been set aside time to complete and pass Citrix Virtualization Specialist Practicum.
Virtualization – managing and virtualizing Windows workloads via XenDesktop, XenApp, Citrix Workspace Suite, and Citrix Cloud
Got today 2 NVIDIA Tesla M10 card to be used in a HP DL380 G9 servers at a customer.
The idea is to start with one card in each server with XenServer. To get the most out of the GPU, we will use Nvidia GRID technology (vGPU). You can read more about this here.
(Creds to the customer for very clean datacentre)
The results and details of setup comes later.
Citrix announced during Citrix Summit that they has acquired Unidesk. Click here for the press release.
Unidesk has been recognized by customers and industry analysts as the clear leader in application layering, offering multiple unique advantages that streamline secure app delivery and VDI deployments and make them easier to manage. Unidesk will be available for all customer with active software maintenance on XenApp or XenDesktop. More Information will be available in Q1.