First Netscaler in Azure had a lot of limits, what’s I think was too big to start using it.
Today with new version and upgrade (11.1) it finally looks like a Netscaler that can be used.
Some big new feature that do the difference:
- Better performance (CPU, Throughput)
- Support multiple IP pr nic and multiple nic
- GSLB support
- Better integration with Azure component
To learn how to deploy a new Netscaler with multiple IPs, follow this nice Video from Citrix:
For more information on Netscaler, see Citrix.com.
Has earlier created a video that show upgrade of Netscaler from 11.0 to 11.1. This guide is same for all type of Netscaler instance. (SDX instance, MPX or VPX)
Recommended step when you have a HA-pair:
- Take backup of NS config
- Start with passive node and upgrade
- After reboot, check that passive node works as expected
- Do a controlled failover and test ALL function
- When test is good, upgrade last instance
- Do failover again to test both instance
- Upgrade is finish
If you need to do this manual and not truth GUI:
- Run the following command to change to the default installation directory:
- Run the following command to create a temporary subdirectory of the nsinstall directory:
Note: The text x.x is used to name the NetScaler version for future configurations. For example, the directory for the installation files of NetScaler 11.1 will be called 11.1nsinstall.
- Change to the x.xnsinstall directory:
- Download the required installation package, such as “ns-x.0-xx.x-doc.tgz”, to the temporary directory created in Step 2
- Before you run the install script, the files must be extracted and placed on the appliance. Use the following command to uncompressing the bundle downloaded from Citrix website.
tar -zxvf build-xx.x-xx.xx_nc.tgz
- Run the following command to install the downloaded software:
Note: If the appliance does not have sufficient disk space to install the new kernel files, the installation process performs an automatic clean-up of the flash drive.
- After the installation process is complete, the process prompts to restart the appliance. Press y to restart the appliance.
Must Read Articles Before and After Upgrading NetScaler
Aztek my employer, has today signed an agreement with Buypass that strengthens our focus on networking, security through two-factor and certificates.
Read the press release here.
Slides from the session can be downloaded here:
Any question, contact me 🙂