After upgraded to Safari 12, Citrix Workspace App and Citrix Receiver do not start *.ica files any more.
To correct this problem, you need to change the web.config on all Storefront servers.
For StoreFront deployments, modify web.config under the Receiver for Web (RfWeb) site (typically C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb) to activate the Citrix Receiver Launcher / Citrix Workspace App Launcher for Safari 12 and later.
1. Open web.config using your preferred text editor and locate the line : <protocolHandler enabled=”true” platforms=”(Macintosh|Windows NT).*((Firefox/((5[2-9]|[0-9])|\d\d\d))|(Chrome/((4[2-9]|[0-9])|\d\d\d)))” skipDoubleHopCheckWhenDisabled=”false” />
2. The value of the platforms attribute is a regular expression specifying the browsers that Citrix Receiver Launcher is used for client detection and HDX launches. Change the regular expression to:
3. This will add Safari 12 and later to the list of browsers that Citrix Receiver Launcher will be used.
Today CUGtech Spring by Citrix User Group Norway has started with Masterclass session.
Tomorrow the main program starts and all other session. I going to have 2 session this CUG seminar. Hope you will enjoy them. Last work on presentation is soon done:
I’m in place in strömstad and hope to see you tonight or tomorrow.
A lot of company talks about what to do with Cloud, go or not?
I will divide this into tree possible setup:
- Extend / Hybrid
Only workers(VDA) in cloud
- All in 100 %
All servers in Cloud
- Citrix Cloud
Workers(VDA) in cloud and control plane in Citrix Cloud
To deploy any solution to Cloud is not free, it actually can cost you a lot of money. To get better understand of the cost, Citrix has created a nice tool to calculate your cost before you start.
This tool will give you a summary (In NOK here, but you can change this)
Finally is Citrix Synergy here. Keynotes are finished and it time to summarize the highlights.
- New XenApp & XenDesktop 7.14
Release Date: May 23, 2017
One of the biggest news it Multi-type licensing. Finally can you mix XenApp and XenDesktop license in same controller. After upgrade, you only need 2 DDC to host all your terminal-servers and VDIs.
Citrix Smart Tools formerly known as Citrix Lifecycle Management and Session Recording is now part of VDA installation.
For full list of new feature and fixes.
- NetScaler Gateway Service from Citrix Cloud
- Workspace IoT and SmartSpace, let your meeting room be intelligent.
- Citrix App Layering – Formally known as Unidesk. Still not branded as Citrix, but now available to Citrix Customer.
- Citrix Analytics is new function that do deep analytics of XenApp, XenDesktop. Big news that will help you to troubleshoot and find the security break
Citrix blog with all updates from both vision and technology keynotes.
Citrix Synergy starts in one week, are you ready?
If you plan to attend #Citrixsynergy, maybe we meet, if not I will try to give an update of keynote most important part.
First Netscaler in Azure had a lot of limits, what’s I think was too big to start using it.
Today with new version and upgrade (11.1) it finally looks like a Netscaler that can be used.
Some big new feature that do the difference:
- Better performance (CPU, Throughput)
- Support multiple IP pr nic and multiple nic
- GSLB support
- Better integration with Azure component
To learn how to deploy a new Netscaler with multiple IPs, follow this nice Video from Citrix:
For more information on Netscaler, see Citrix.com.
Last days it has been a lot of news around Citrix and the Working with Goldman Sachs on Potential Sale Process. This has given Citrix Stock all-time high with more than 30 percent in the 12 months’ period. Citrix is on 82,02 USD pr. shares, valuing the company at about $13.1 billion. (Checked Wednesday morning CET)
Q42016 report from January show a revenue growth of 4 percent to $ 908 million dollar. What’s interesting to see is that Cloud (SaaS) revenue totalled $ 210 million in the same quarter. This show how fast Cloud is growing and why you need to follow the modern IT.
Will Microsoft go for an acquisition of Citrix?? Time Will show 🙂
Bloomberg article – (English)
Digi article – (Norwegian)
Today is the first day of NIC 2017. Aztek is represented on the stand, if you have any question around Cloud, security or Virtualization you are welcome.
I should highlight some sessions to go on, there must be these two: