Has written a blog post on Sicra.no in Norwegian. If you have any question, feel free to ask me.
After and cozy holiday am ready to start the new year at Sicra AS as Solution Architect.
My focus will be on Citrix NetScaler, XenApp/Desktop and identity. Hope this year will be start on a new area in my carrier and my knowledge will growth together with Sicra and my new collage.
Read more about me and Sicra on our homepage: https://sicra.no
My new contact info is:
Mobile: +47 92865866 (same as earlier)
This year has been extremely bussy with not many blogpost I’m afraid. Hope to update you all more next year with Cloud and Citrix news.
Thanks for your time this year, hope to see you all next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all !
Got an problem with the context menu option: “Send To – Mail recipient”. Windows explorer crash and reload.
The problem is observed on Windows 2016 and Windows 10 (several Builds) in combination with Office365 and Click-To-Run.
The issue is not any news, it should really be fixed soon in future release, please Microsoft.
Problem happens when a user click on the option showed.
Add the following registry value to all terminalserver/clients to fix the problem. It solved for users after logoff and on again.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
After upgraded to Safari 12, Citrix Workspace App and Citrix Receiver do not start *.ica files any more.
To correct this problem, you need to change the web.config on all Storefront servers.
For StoreFront deployments, modify web.config under the Receiver for Web (RfWeb) site (typically C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\StoreWeb) to activate the Citrix Receiver Launcher / Citrix Workspace App Launcher for Safari 12 and later.
1. Open web.config using your preferred text editor and locate the line : <protocolHandler enabled=”true” platforms=”(Macintosh|Windows NT).*((Firefox/((5[2-9]|[0-9])|\d\d\d))|(Chrome/((4[2-9]|[0-9])|\d\d\d)))” skipDoubleHopCheckWhenDisabled=”false” />
2. The value of the platforms attribute is a regular expression specifying the browsers that Citrix Receiver Launcher is used for client detection and HDX launches. Change the regular expression to:
3. This will add Safari 12 and later to the list of browsers that Citrix Receiver Launcher will be used.
After some days of troubleshooting with WEM and Start Menu has I found 2 problem and solution other also maybe need.
Problem 1: Start Menu icons missing for user:
Users may see blank tiles/icons in the Start Menu or the Start Menu corrupted in their published desktops when User Profile Management shipped with VDA 7.15 LTSR CU1/CU2/7.16/7.17 is enabled for user profile roaming.
This missing icons issue happens with second or subsequent logins, and may occur intermittently. The issue is not observed with VDA 7.15.
This article is for Server 2012R2, 2016 and Windows 10.
[Workaround #1] – Works with Windows Server 2012 R2/2016 VDA
Configure the policy “Directories to synchronize” and add the folder “AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches”.
Remove the Start menu redirection policy and Apply the below registry via policy at every logon:
Problem 2: Start Menu will not start at all for user:
Start Menu is not responding to Left Mouse clicks and does not show anything.
This article is for Server 2016 and Windows 10.
- Add “!ctx_localappdata!\Microsoft\Windows\Usrclass.dat*” to Exclusions in “Exclusion List – Directories” and “Exclusion List – Files” policy.
- Add “!ctx_localappdata!\packages” to Exclusions in “Exclusion List – Directories” and “Exclusion List – Files” policy.
Finally, XS support VLAN on MGMT interface. This has been in place since XS 7.3 (latest now is 7.4) This will open for using two 10GB interface for both MGMT and virtual machine traffic. Before 7.3 XenServer, it was required a dedicated interface for management.
This article from Citrix introduces the configuration details of using tagged VLAN network on management interface on different use scenarios.
Citrix WEM (Workspace Environment Management) is absolute an software that everyone should look into. To get WEM to work perfect and give you and the users an effect, use of template will help you alot. Citrix include Default Recommended Settings.
To get a flying start on the application and tuning, James Kindon at WEM Hydration Kit has a collection of Applications, File System and Registry Actions that can be imported to WEM.
Unbinding a service from the Service Group in the NetScaler GUI is not working.
Error message is “No Such Server” .
Secondly Unbinding it through command line is working.
This is a known issue.The above issue would be fixed in 12.0.58+ version.
Check this link for updated status on bug: https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX234015
Last week i got some problem with a Storefront server and wanted to reset back to start.
Found this brilliant article from Citrix that I want to share with you:
- Open a PowerShell command prompt as an Administrator and type asnp Citrix*
This loads the Citrix PowerShell modules.
- Ensure that the StoreFront Management console is closed.
- From the command prompt type . “C:\Program Files\Citrix\Receiver StoreFront\Scripts\ImportModules.ps1”
Note: Ensure to include the leading period in the Powershell command.
- After the modules are imported type Clear-DSConfiguration.
This will reset Storefront to its factory state.
- When you have run the command and it has completed successfully, open the StoreFront Management console and confirm that all settings are reset. The option to Create a new deployment or Join existing server group will now be available.
For full article click here