Has earlier created a video that show upgrade of Netscaler from 11.0 to 11.1. This guide is same for all type of Netscaler instance. (SDX instance, MPX or VPX)
Recommended step when you have a HA-pair:
- Take backup of NS config
- Start with passive node and upgrade
- After reboot, check that passive node works as expected
- Do a controlled failover and test ALL function
- When test is good, upgrade last instance
- Do failover again to test both instance
- Upgrade is finish
If you need to do this manual and not truth GUI:
- Run the following command to change to the default installation directory:
- Run the following command to create a temporary subdirectory of the nsinstall directory:
Note: The text x.x is used to name the NetScaler version for future configurations. For example, the directory for the installation files of NetScaler 11.1 will be called 11.1nsinstall.
- Change to the x.xnsinstall directory:
- Download the required installation package, such as “ns-x.0-xx.x-doc.tgz”, to the temporary directory created in Step 2
- Before you run the install script, the files must be extracted and placed on the appliance. Use the following command to uncompressing the bundle downloaded from Citrix website.
tar -zxvf build-xx.x-xx.xx_nc.tgz
- Run the following command to install the downloaded software:
Note: If the appliance does not have sufficient disk space to install the new kernel files, the installation process performs an automatic clean-up of the flash drive.
- After the installation process is complete, the process prompts to restart the appliance. Press y to restart the appliance.